SO, I posted photos from Joyce and Billy's engagement session with Nicole and Brandon Parigo about a month ago.
Joyce and I went to high school together, and we have many, many fond memories. She and Billy were married two weeks before Erik and I. It worked out amazingly well, because we were both able to attend the other's wedding. AND Joyce helped Cousin Jen rock the guest book table for us!
On Saturday, I found the top photo as the sneak peek on the Parigo's blog. WOW! Niiiiice image! (I viewed the double rainbow from the ground).
I enjoyed Joyce and Billy's wedding on SO MANY levels:
Firstly, it was fantastic to see an old friend marry someone who's been an important part of her life for years.
Secondly, it was an amazing reunion with some high school friends who I don't often see.
Thirdly, I got to wear my killer gardening galoshes (it'd spent the previous 5 days raining, and the wedding was in Joyce and Billy's big, beautiful backyard). I was in HEAVEN!
Finally, I was able to totally kick back and BE A GUEST AT A WEDDING!!!!!!! I drank wine, chatted with friends, drank more wine, enjoyed the lovely afternoon, had more wine and shared many laughs with Joyce's family. And then more wine was consumed. ;-)
But seriously ... Nicole and Brandon totally rocked it! I enjoy watching other photographers work. It's interesting to see the similarities and differences. It was such a joy to watch this duo work their booties off to produce killer images for Joyce and Billy. Seriously!!!!!!!! My mom always said she enjoyed dinner more if someone else made it; I guess I can understand that more now. I LOVE documenting weddings, but there were SO MANY friends around, I would have missed out on catching up if I had to actually work. It was awesome to watch someone else do all of the hard work! :-) Plus, they did an AMAZING JOB! I'm not pumping hot air, either. Even though I'm a wedding guest, I totally have to admit I watch the photogs. I've seen some who ... didn't shoot the way I feel is appropriate and I felt *bad* for the couple because I saw the photographer miss so many nice moments. This is SO NOT THE CASE for Joyce and Billy.
I'll start to wind down now. But not before I talk about Joyce's dad. I <3 Dr. Barba!!!!! He's just the sweetest man EVER!
He has 5 daughters, and it is SO clear his girls respect and adore him! (I know *I* sure do!)
Ok, I'll stop rambling now. But DO cruise over and check out the post of Joyce and Billy's wedding on the Parigo's blog!
2 comments:
Thanks so much for the kind words. It was great to meet you at the wedding, I am so glad you got to relax and enjoy it! We had a wonderful time and are so thankful for the awesome new friends we've made. :)
You're so totally welcome, Nicole! It was a pleasure to watch you work! ;-)
Post a Comment