PSA to those who grow their garden plants from seed: I was talking with someone from the local nursery today ... and she suggested to have a fan blow on them. Just a little one.
I've been in a greenhouse before, and there were fans. I wondered what they were for.
Anyhow, the woman said they are to help prevent fungus or mold from growing on baby plants. :) So Michelle, this post is for YOU! :)
4 comments:
Ooooo! A post just for me! I feel special!!! That's really interesting, I thought you were going to say it's so that their stems harden up to be used to the wind. (I think I posted on my blog last year about tomato yoga...) I'll have to remember that. I hope we'll have time/energy for it with baby coming, it sure was an enjoyable hobby last year!
It also DOES help to get their stems hearty for the out of doors ... there are several benefits. :)
Maybe I should put you on the list for some of my excess plants? ;)
That might not be a bad idea! Especially those heirloom tomatoes!
Maybe I can add that to my "nesting" list. Figure out what and when to plant seeds and such...
awesome! let's plan on it. :)
Post a Comment