Monday, February 1, 2010

The spice hoarder

Erik enjoys an A&E show called "Hoarders" about people who compulsively keep JUNK.

And he tells me he's considering turning me in for being a spice hoarder.

Here's why:


But let me tell my side of the story, OK?

I think having fresh spices and herbs around rocks. Right? Are you with me, ladies? And when I see them go ON SALE at the grocery store, well I can hardly resist spending a QUARTER when they're regularly $2.99. ARE YOU WITH ME??!??!???


So, I get them, then stash them in the freezer.

I will, however, admit that it was getting a bit out of control. There were tons of little plastic packages and it was becoming a freezer hazard. So I consolidated them into baggies and we're all much happier.

Oh, and IN MY DEFENSE, I used TWO of these items just this week in my soups ... so I use them ... OK!

:)

4 comments:

Nicole Coleman said...

Oh my gosh .25 that's amazing! What store?!

Unknown said...

DILLONS!!!! :)

JunO said...

Sorry, Erik, but I think you better stay out of my kitchen. Might give you a heart attack.

Unknown said...

But Erik loves your kitchen, Juno, because it gave us the idea to use the magic erasers on our floor!!!!