Yeah, yeah. 2 posts in 1 day. Deal with it. We just ate a killer dinner and I have to share!
So, remember my post HERE about cooking a chicken in the slow cooker?
Well, we did it again today, and adapted it a bit. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! It was the most tender chicken I've ever eaten!!!!!
Here's the drill:
1 pkg of chicken thighs (w/ bones) - this cost us about $3, which is awesome! :)
1 onion
1 bay leaf
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 c. chicken broth or veggie broth or whatever
1 c. water.
Cut onion and place in bottom of cooker. Mince garlic and put at bottom, too, along with a bay leaf. Be sure to remove the skin from your chicken, then place it on top. Pour liquids over, then sprinkle with garlic salt.
Cook for 4 hours on low. ***IF YOU COOK IT LONGER THAN THIS, THE MEAT WILL START TO FALL OFF OF THE BONE. I HAVE WARNED YOU!!!!
Perfecto!!!!
And I'm excited to use the broth for other cooking later this week! EDIT: *sigh* someone was being helpful and poured all of the broth down the drain. I should have been on the ball. Grrrrrr.....
Also, with Lent starting tomorrow, feel free to check out some of my meatless recipes by CLICKING HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment