Friday, February 5, 2010

I concede (I'm going to be an *auntie*)

So, Erik and I formally concede the first Mikols grandchild to my sister, Robin, and her husband, Chris (you can read about it HERE on their blog).

And knowing my mother-in-law, baby Laws will actually be *her* first "grandchild" too. ;) When I talked with my mother-in-law yesterday, I said "if baby is due in August, that means there will be a little one with us for Thanksgiving" ... and there was a squeal of delight.

Life is crazy-busy right now, I'm sorry. I know I still need to blog Arizona pix, Grand Canyon pix (from like JUNE!), compost info. I'm also toying with the idea of fessing up about my trip to Topeka yesterday. You know, the one where I packed 2 pair of dress shoes, 0 pairs of dress pants and 0 pairs of socks. *rolleyes* my brain is just THAT fritzy. A quick Target run was in order to be sure I was appropriately clothed before I photographed at the Capitol yesterday.

Come to think of it, those 2 or so sentences summed up my yesterday, so I'll consider it covered. ;)

3 comments:

tlawwife said...

My first too.

Unknown said...

TRUE!

But I hear you're "ALL ready!" ;)

Robin said...

haha...lol....your mother in law makes me smile- "squeal" haha....so i take it she is inviting us all to thanksgiving again....I will pencil it in...but I won't know our plans until it gets closer : )