Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Washington D.C. — walking tour at night


Of course, the biggest deal was a new President was sworn into office 2 days before we arrived. The town was a' buzzin.'

So, the night after the March for Life ... I hit the streets with my awesome tour guides, Lovely Kristine and Handsome Heath.


This was the ONE time I wish I had my pro camera with me. I was using the awesome point and shoot Erik gave me for Christmas. I loved the shadows and the light in comparison with the row of flags. :)


We were going up the steps to the Lincoln Monument ... my first glimpse of Abe:


Kristine and Heath in the big area!


Me w/ Abe! All bundled up, plus 30 pounds of clothes to keep me WARM during our walk.


And here was my most favorite part of the interior. It gave me a giggle. Marble turf? :)


We walked around the entire exerior.


And the cold was worth the reward of an awesome view of the monuments!



1 comment:

JunO said...

Love the night photos. Reminds me of when we went for college journo convention and walked the Mall at 2 a.m. Awesome view from the Capitol, and the Vietnam Wall was so quiet and peaceful with few people and the mementos left behind. It was kind of a shock when we went there the next day and there were tons of people with a wide range of emotions.