Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Book break!


I don't know how I stumbled across this, but I recently learned a fabulous book I read, "My Sisters Keeper," is being made into a film! How exactly I stumbled across the book, I'm not sure. I think I was living in Indy and grabbed it on CD to listen to in the car.

Anyhow, it's INCREDIBLY powerful and EXTREMELY thought-provoking.

I'm COMPLETELY aware this will spark a LOT of backlash when the film incarnation comes out. And I have to say, I agree some of the issues presented in the book ARE troubling. If you had an ill child, would you opt to have a child who genetically matched that child ... it's a slippery slope, and with the way the new administration is heading ... yeah. Anyway.

More info about the upcoming film HERE and HERE.

I suspect a LOT of misinformation will be spread in the ultra-conservative circles about this one ... and I just urge you to GET INFORMED. Seriously. Nothing irks me more than people blindly opposing something. There's plenty of lead time ... go to the library and check this one out. Read it IN ITS ENTIRETY. This is NOT one of those books you can read a fraction of and form an opinion.

2 comments:

pianomanda said...

This is an EXCELLENT book. Have you read any of her others? I love them, cause they make me feel smart, as I always learn something. Plain Truth is my other favorite. But yes, you must read this entire thing to get any of it. I wasn't aware it's being made into a movie!

Unknown said...

I've not read any of her other books .... but now I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the heads up, Amanda! :)