Saturday, April 18, 2009

A little crunch!

Erik is a MASSIVE fan of salads. And he's done a good job of getting me excited about them, too.


But I tell you what, I have been looking to an alternative to croutons. The little bugers are never easy to spear w/ my fork. Then once I do, they break in half and just fall apart. What a tragedy.

So, here's my awesome solution: crushed almonds.

Yes, almonds are a nut of many surprises. :)

I just buy a large bag, then take a few and place them between parchment paper. THEN .... I take a rolling pin and whack on them to break them up. I do quite a few at a time and reserve the extra in a small container by the salad stuff in the counter. So I don't have to it everyday. But if you want to bang on the counter every day, by all means, feel free .....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use sliver almonds.

Try spinach leaves, mangarines,and peacans as a salad. Yummy!!

Jaclyn

Unknown said...

awesome suggestions!

i'm just too cheap to buy the slivered almonds .... it's so much cheaper to just smash 'em up! :)

Ben and Nicole said...

Is that your salad? It's really pretty.