Sunday, April 5, 2009

Around the house ....


I cannot get ENOUGH of the fresh fruit in the grocery store!!!!! I threw this together a few weeks ago when we had some friends over for dinner. In truth, the fruit was put on a plate intended for deviled eggs ... but it looked nice this way, too. :)

Also, the best deal this week ... 99 cent managers special strawberries at the grocery store! AND to top it off, I had a 39 cents off coupon (WHICH was doubled b/c it was under 50 cents). Man oh man. Strawberries have never tasted so good. Especially for 21 cents:)

I picked up 3 cartons of strawberries ... and the lady at the checkout commented on it ... I told her one of my new favorite things to do with them is to cut them up and freeze them, then use them to make a strawberry daquiri. Yummie!

Erik also tried his hand at taking photos of Esse ...


... but she wasn't interested in sitting still for him.

Erik still grabbed a self portrait with The Boog.


And I wrangled her for one, too. :)


AND last but not least is Esse hanging out with Baby Mac. When Mac and his 'rents came over, she was sleeping in the closet. After dinner, however, Erik pulled her down to say hello.

Erik held onto her pretty tightly as Mac said hi the first time. But he felt her fur once or twice and was done with that. He'd crawl up and want to be RIGHT NEXT to her, but that was it. She surprisingly was OK with that. GOOD KITTY. :)

Then she just wanted to keep an eye on the newcomer .... and he lost most interest in the kitty:


No comments: