Thursday, March 12, 2009

working on the 101 list — Tagine Chicken

Last night, I broke out the most unique wedding gift we received: a tagine.

What the heck is a tangine, you may ask? Well, since I'm a visual person, I'll show you a photo I pulled from the 'net.


Ours is brown, and an awesome gift from our friend, Miss Sarah. She snagged it from Ten Thousand Villages. Their mission is to provide "vital, fair income to Third World people by marketing their handicrafts and telling their stories in North America. Ten Thousand Villages works with artisans who would otherwise be unemployed or underemployed. This income helps pay for food, education, health care and housing."

I have to wholeheartedly applaud their efforts!

Ok, so dinner. It was a chicken cinnamon/apricot dish. Um, yummie!!!!!!!!

I didn't find the exact recipe online, but e-mail or comment if you're interested. If you want to browse lots of recipes, CLICK HERE


Of course, here's the list of the new recipes I've tried so far:
Dec. 21 — Peanut Butter Pancakes
Dec. 31 — Calzones
Jan. 9 — Braised Brussell Sprouts + Pork Chops with a creamy herbed sauce
Jan. 14 — Black Bean Burritos
Jan. 18 — Hot Chocolate Mix
Jan. 29 — Ham and Bean Soup
Feb. 1 — Macaroni Salad
Feb. 14 — Focaccia Bread
Feb. 17 — Honey Glazed Chicken
Feb. 27 — Potato Soup
March 4 — Crunchy Chicken and Fruit Salad
March 11 — Tagine Chicken

No comments: