Friday night, my parents swung through town with some friends. They suggested we go out to eat, but I *insisted* they come over. Why? Because I had one more day to make a new recipe. I'm a dork like that. :-)
So I had 8 extra people in our house to eat 2 recipes I've NEVER made before. What brave buddies!
It's been 7 years since I cooked chops myself ... but it was quite yummie!
CLICK HERE for the Chops recipe. And CLICK HERE for the Sprouts recipe. :-)
Of course, here's the list of the new recipes I've tried so far:
Dec. 21 — Peanut Butter Pancakes
Dec. 31 — Calzones
Jan. 9 — Braised Brussell Sprouts + Pork Chops with a creamy herbed sauce.
3 comments:
Those look yummy! And I forgot to tell you we tried the lemon chicken lasagna.... amazing! :)
I got a new Rachael Ray cookbook for Christmas... 365 No Repeats, 30-minute meals! It love it so far! :) If you want a really cute egg idea (Egg-straordinary Stuffed Toasty Baskets) let me know and I'll share. It's our favorite so far, and can be breakfast, lunch or dinner. :)
Awesome, Amanda!
We'll have to organize a recipie swap at some point.
Actually, BHG suggests doing a soup swap. Everyone makes a soup and brings it to a house in several big containers, then you switch with everyone there so you take home like 4-5 different soups you don't have to make. Then you can freeze them and reheat quickly/easily. We should try to do this in the fall!
That sounds like fun! And yummy, too. :) I made up my own soup recipe tonight... Cream of Celery with Chicken and Rice. It wasn't that fancy... I just (obviously) added chicken and white rice to the cream of celery, along with two cans of chicken broth, some garlic, celery salt, thyme and rosemary. The rosemary was what made it, though. Mmm! Oliver even had two bowls!
Post a Comment