Tuesday, March 17, 2009

# 45 — Make one new recipe/week for 3 months

BOOOOOOOOOO YEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited to check this off of my 101 in 1001 list. :-)

The idea behind this was basically because I can get stuck in a culinary rut. I'm a sucker for simple. If it were up to me, I'd make stir fry chicken and veggies every night for dinner. But that gets old. SO ... I decided to try one new recipe per week for a few months. Some weeks it was difficult to find the energy to do it. Others I was extremely looking forward to. It just depended.

So when we were eating our last meal, I asked Erik if he had any favorite, or recipes I should be sure to make again. His top few were:

1 — Ham and Bean Soup (it was probably my favorite, too!)
2 — Peanut Butter Pancakes
3 — Tagine Chicken
4 — Calzones (I think I'll try different fillings in these ... I really liked them. I think they'll even freeze and reheat well).

Here's the list of the new recipes:
Dec. 21 — Peanut Butter Pancakes
Dec. 31 — Calzones
Jan. 9 — Braised Brussell Sprouts + Pork Chops with a creamy herbed sauce
Jan. 14 — Black Bean Burritos
Jan. 18 — Hot Chocolate Mix
Jan. 29 — Ham and Bean Soup
Feb. 1 — Macaroni Salad
Feb. 14 — Focaccia Bread
Feb. 17 — Honey Glazed Chicken
Feb. 27 — Potato Soup
March 4 — Crunchy Chicken and Fruit Salad
March 11 — Tagine Chicken

Or, if you want to check them all out en masse, just CLICK HERE.

I'm 1/4 way through THE LIST now. I have a few more items to blog about ... but this ends in 7 months, so I better get cracking on some of these other items!

2 comments:

pianomanda said...

I'll agree with Erik on the Ham & Bean - and so would Vince - we thought it was awesome! :) I want to try the Foccacia bread. Mmm... my favorite kind. :)

I'll get a pic up on the blog of the new ET just for you ;)

Unknown said...

HEY! I need your rice and chicken soup recipe!!!!!