The wooden chest is FINAAAAAALLY done! I acquired the beast ... 4 or 5 years ago at an auction. It was an ugly duckling when we were introduced. I don't have a "before" photo of it ... but boy was it uuuuuuuuuuugly. It was dark and varnished. It was difficult to get the varnish off. Robin can attest to it. She helped me one afternoon in Hays. It was a beast.
THEN came the sanding. I eventually gave up on chemically removing it ... and just went for sanding. Only I tried by hand. BIG mistake. Next was the ghetto sander. I couldn't get the darn thing to keep the sandpaper on. Ugh. What a task. Enter: the radial sander from my buddy, Coop. We borrowed it ... and I am tempted to keep it. For REAL! It made it all better!
Alrighty, photo time!
Here's it after sanding ... I couldn't get the orange part out of the seams.

The overall:

And ... I still couldn't get all of the orange out.

And the after:

Erik, of course, wanted to introduce the kitty to the new furniture.

But not just SHOW Esse the trunk, he wanted to put Esse IN the trunk. Poor Booger boo.

She certainly made efforts to squeeze out...


And finally ... freedom.

Checking more items off of the 101 in 1001 list!!!!!!
AND now I can put it in our basement and give a good home to all of the blankets that roam around our house.
2 comments:
AMEN! the trunk is FINALLY done!
~Robin
Only YOU remember how awful that thing was in the beginning. I actually wish we had a photo to show how terrible it looked.
Post a Comment