Can you keep a secret? Really?
Ok, here goes: we don't have a Christmas tree. And we don't go get one at a tree lot or farm either.
Growing up, my family had a fake tree, which was fine with me. It lived in the basement and made its way out every year the day after Christmas.
In college, I split the cost of a small tree with a roomie, but when she moved on, the tree went with her. Didn't really bother me, though. One less thing to move, right?
Then I moved out on my own, and Esse the cat came into the picture. I honestly have to say I'm not sure how she'd take/interact with a Christmas tree. Would she climb it? Likely. And it'd be a battle all Advent, so I admit my laziness over the whole thing.
What I DO do for Christmas, though, is get out the Advent wreath (which the cat has chewed several of the candles on ..... what would she DO with a tree???) and the nativity sets out. And that's "decorated" for Christmas.
I don't really think of myself as a "scrooge" per se. I actually like ornaments and Christmas music IN MODERATION.
This all has pushed my brain into gear. There has to be some middle ground for people like me, right? And then, I was introduced to the ornament tree! :)
I actually think this could be a nice compromise on the tree front. As in, it gives me something to hang ornaments on, but isn't a real or fake tree.
There are some smaller table-top options, but I am digging the "full-sized" ones, which range from 47 to 90 inches tall.
Here are a few interesting ones I've found online:
Gold tree, but I"m not sure how I feel about a gold tree...
Another one in black or gold, yet again, I'm not sure if black is something I'm crazy about either.
Here's one with beading. I wish they had a better picture online. Can't really tell much from the photo.
A more rounded option, which I find interesting. I also like the Fleur de Lys on the top.
Does anyone know of a location where I can see something like this in person? It's just difficult to tell with some of these online photos.
1 comment:
I happen to have a table top version, its even set up on the table as we speak. You should totally come on by and check it out! I can send you my address (we are in Wakefield) if you want to come and see it :D
Post a Comment