Monday, November 22, 2010

My Thanksgiving contribution(s)

With a major holiday this week, I've been trying to figure out how to marry my insane eating with some good old fashioned pigging out. DIfficult, I know.

A few months ago, I was reading Real Simple Magazine and found a few dessert recipes that don't call for *a lot* of sugar. So I'm making BOTH! :)


First, this Gingersnap Cherry Cheesecake looks divine! For me, I'll omit the cherry topping, but others who want can add it on!

***EDIT: CLICK HERE TO READ MY BLOG POST ABOUT CHANGES TO THE CHEESECAKE RECIPE.***


Next, for those of you who can't do flour, this looks great! Flourless Chocolate Cake. I think the cherries could be added on top of this ... or ice cream, too!

Also up for me: my famous garlic mashed potatoes.

I'm also going to give a hand to making my mother-in-law's corn casserole and maybe one or two other items. She's an amazing cook and I'm not sure if I can measure up, but I'll certainly try!

1 comment:

Mary Elizabeth said...

This cake looks AMAZING!! So interesting how they left out the flour. Looks like they put in heavy whipping cream instead - haha. Hmm, I wonder if you could substitute some of your homemade yogurt for some of that cream.

In any case, I think I might have to try this one, too!

Thanks for sharing, Karen :)