I'm pretty lazy/lax about it.
A few months ago, however, I read a tip in a magazine that I find to be handy/helpful in the bathroom arena: Store a container of Clorox wipes under the sink, then spot clean as needed.
This does NOT replace regular bathroom cleaning (but who am I kidding, I don't clean them regularly). But when the counter is all hairy or has a toothpaste smudge, I pull one of those out and it's a quick clean.
It's been a really positive change. And I can neither confirm nor deny that I used several to clean all of the baseboards in the guest bathroom before company arrived. It's great in a pinch. I even feel like I'm doing a little "light" cleaning in between the times I really work up the energy to give the entire bathroom a good scrub. Besides, if I do a little "light" cleaning in between the big ones, the big ones won't be such a daunting task, right?
I was telling my sister about this, and later she cautioned me to not use these to clean the mirrors. They evidently leave the mirror a streaky mess. Just FYI.
2 comments:
OMgoodness I have totally been doing this for years and it is mDy best kept secret ever. Ditto on the mirrors. And Dillons has these in their Everyday Living store brand and that has been my favorite disinfectant wipe I've used. And they're cheaper than name brand.
i think i'm the only person i know who doesn't mind cleaning bathrooms. not that i love it, but i'll pick it over other household tasks.
Post a Comment