So when I'm editing photos/toning and working on orders, it's really great to have something to keep my mind going. I know a lot of photographers listen to music ... but I tend to flit around too much with music. I can't stay focused and decide on only ONE thing to listen to.
Enter: Audio books!!!!!
I'm a reading junkie, but with my eyes engaged to look at/tone/edit, I can't physically read at the same time. So I listen to books on CD. I lurrrrve it. Especially the 'whodunnit' books.
I have to admit, I'm a bit of a coward when trying new authors. I have tried and true authors who I'm loyal to, and don't really venture out. But a week ago, I was at the library, and I'd listened to all of the books on CD that were checked in. Uh-oh. So I took a nervous breath and checked out a new author.
I have to admit, I really thought it sounded lame. Not really interesting. But I figured 'what the heck?' .... and was totally shocked and surprised at how much I enjoyed the book.
Since the first, I've plowed through 2 more and am on my 3rd.
One of the things I like about the books is the sleuth is a baker by trade. And along the way, the puts in these amazing recipes in the book. The downside for me listening to them is that I don't stop to write them down as I hear them. I figured I"d be clever and go to her Web site: Murder she Baked (a clever spinoff/play on words from "Murder she Wrote'", but the actual recipes aren't on the Web site! Boo-hoo!!!!! (well, the names of the recipe is on there along with the corresponding book, but you have to get the book to get the recipe). I guess I'll have to go check out the books and make copies!
Let me just say the "cherry bomb cookies" sound oh-so good!!!!!
Also, much like the Carol Higgins Clark books, these aren't dripping with unnecessary sex, sex, sex. The story is driven by the STORY, which I very much appreciate.
1 comment:
Yeah she is a good author.
If you are looking for another good author have you've gone through her books... I'd suggest Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. Those books are amazing. Kinda along the same lines as Carol Higgins (but without baking and recipes)
Post a Comment