Monday, January 18, 2010

Recycled Purse????

Ok, so for everyone who knows me, I'M NOT A PURSE PERSON!!!!!

But I do have one. Ok, 2 of them. And I admit, they come in VERY handy on occasion. But one is large and becomes a dumping ground/catch all for everything. The other is just the right size for my wallet, but it's sometimes a struggle to wrestle the wallet in and out of it.

So, when we were traveling over Christmas, I saw a glimpse of a purse ... wait for it ... MADE OUT OF SEATBELTS. Now, this is genius, I thought. Really. Reusing seatbelts. I like it.


And the more I looked, the more options I saw that there are in the world of seatbelt purses. Who would have thought????!?!?!


Then I saw the bag below, and really wondered if those seatbelts were reused, or if they were made specifically for that bag.


Seriously. Have YOU ever seen a seatbelt like this? Me either.


There's another company who makes them, and they do a diamond weave. I have to admit, I am digging this a bit more from a visual aspect. ;)


I might actually believe this was made from reused seatbelts.

But then I get back to the bottom line/question at hand. I don't really USE a purse that much ... do I really NEED a seatbelt purse?

Regardless, it's an interesting idea/product and I thought I'd share. :)

No comments: