Last week, I made pot roast, but instead of doing just one roast, I made two. I love letting my slow cooker do all the hard work! So, I took the meat from the second roast and used my trusty Betty Crocker cookbook to make beef enchiladas.
Um. Yum. I shredded the beef, made an extra pan of enchiladas and they're in our deep freeze, just waiting for a day when I'll be to busy to cook a hearty dinner, but want something economical, tasty and healthful.
Let me take a minute to profess my love for this cookbook.
When I was in college, in an apartment, I'd frequently call home with basic questions such as "what temperature do I cook a meat loaf at?" and a variety of other questions. After several such phone calls, this book was wrapped up under the Christmas tree for me. An extremely practical gift!
3 comments:
You totally shouldn't be showing pictures of yummy enchiladas to a pregnant lady without offering her some. Seriously. Humph!
haha, just kidding. they look wonderful. I always wonder, do you take pics of your own food or is that stuff you find on the WWW?
oh, on the food stuff, I totally find it on the WWW. I'm WAY too lazy to take pix!!!!! if you click on the photo, it will take you to the page where it is permenantly hosted.
~K
I often wondered that too, (about the food pix.) I mean, I know you're a photographer and all, but the details in the pix were always just spot on! I mean, who has those kind of props and that kind of time to stage their FOOD?!
Post a Comment