Friday, June 26, 2009

How are you staying cool?

Ugh! It's HOOOOOT outside!

I realize I'm no longer 6 years old, but this is the perfect weather for freezer pops. You knoooooow. Those colorful popsicles that come in clear plastic bags.


I picked them up on a whim at the grocery store, but man are they nice to have around. I've had them on the way to the YMCA or even to the store. :) Yummie! :)

Anyhow, we are trying to not turn our AC down to a very low temp, so I want to hear how you other frugal, clever people are staying cool as the mercury climbs! Tell, tell, tell!!!!

9 comments:

Joseph said...

Move to a cooler, less humid climate. ;)
We don't even HAVE air conditioning-never need it!

Monica said...

The $10 kiddie pool from WalMart has been a huge hit around here!!!
http://livingeachdayasagift.blogspot.com/2009/06/pool-pics.html

Unknown said...

Joe, you stink.

Monica, Our neighbors have a kiddie pool and I was sitting in the hammoc swing 2 nights ago and we were eyeing it. I said to Erik, "what do you think our neighbors would do if they came home one afternoon to find us sitting in there with mixed drinks?" and then we laaaaaaaughed. We haven't resorted to it yet, but we *might*

Monica said...

HAHAHA!! That's sooooooo awesome. You should totally do it. And get pictures.

Unknown said...

We'll think about it. Our immediate next door neighbor is the grandmother and pool is in her daughter's backyard 2 doors down .... they might think we're crazier than they already to!

mary said...

less clothes ; ) i'll leave it at that.

Unknown said...

MARY .... you're going to give my husband MORE ideas than he already has .... he needs NO more encouragement! ;)

The Ahlgrens said...

Have you tried the soda falvored freezer pops? The 7-UP flavored ones are TO DIE FOR! I got mine at Walgreens...check 'em out!

Anonymous said...

good call, Jos.

~K