Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A little more closet organizing


Common picture, eh?

Things can be a bit pell-mel in the closet.


Recently we banished all of the wire hangers from the place and things have been a bit easier. :) I'm just trying to figure out what to do with all of those wretched metal hangers.


Erik refuses to do this, but I read somewhere that if you hang your clothes in the closet backwards all at one time, then turn the hanger around when you wear the item, it'll give you a good idea of what you don't wear. The theory is that in 3-6-9-12 months (whatever you choose), the stuff that's still hung backwards gets taken to the Goodwill.

I like the idea, and am giving it a whirl. We'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Could you recycle/scrap the wire hangers? Not that you would get that much $ for them scrapping them, but at least you'd be responsibly disposing of them?

If that doesn't work, you could always just shape them into giant bubble wands...

Love the idea about the turning the hangers backwards... I may have to do that!

Unknown said...

It looks like our curbside recycling will take them! I'm just going to space them all out a bit :)

Now I'll just have to take the next step after the alloted time and donate what isn't turned around!