Hey blog peeps,
Over the weekend, I went to a seminar at the library about how to make your own laundry soap. It was for liquid soap, which is what we use. But in looking at the finished product, it's glumpy and not really something I want to use. Besides, the minimum amount made = 2.5 gallons of it. I don't want to store that much and also it'd take forever to go through it!
So I asked about powder soap. The guy didn't know anything about powder .... so I went online. And THIS RECIPE looks good to me.
Anyone have experience/words of wisdom on this? Seems pretty simple, just mix. From what I could tell on reading other sites, use 2 Tbsp/full load. Seems pretty easy to me. Anything I should know before I give it a whirl?
1 comment:
I am all about doing things yourself, but there are some things to consider. I would check out this blog (http://prayingforgrace.blogspot.com/2011/02/laundry-my-way-part-iiiwashing.html) - she gives laundry a pretty thorough treatment (this is just one installment, but it mentions laundry detergent and has some good points.)
I REALLY like my laundry soap. I use Charlie's Soap (http://www.charliesoap.com/) and it makes me very happy. It is quite natural and they explain how they make it and stuff. I buy it in a big 5 gallon bucket and that bucket lasts me about a year (yep, for the whole family and cloth diapers). But you can get it in smaller quantities, too.
Post a Comment