I was talking with my friend and our uber talented graphic designer, Amy, last week. Since Erik and I's wedding is coming up, we of course had to talk about weddings!
Amy was relating "the" moment for her" ... and I'd never really though about it before.
She said her big "ooooh" moment was as she was starting to walk down the aisle, when everyone stood up and turned to look at her. "It was just awesome to think all these people were here to celebrate with us," she told me. She also said it was a *little* intimidating to have all those people staring at you. "If it weren't for Matt at the other end of the aisle, I'm not sure I would have made it down," she finished.
Hmmmmmmm.
I photograph this moment TONS of times. I am generally sprawled on the floor behind the bride and her father to get a nice low angle of her dress, the church, etc. I never really thought of it from the bride's perspective.
SO ..... I want to hear in the comments from you married folks out there ... what was your "ooooh" moment? Even if you eloped, I know there had to be some moment when you realized the monumentalness of getting married. DO share!
Oh, and if you want to start a side discussion/betting pot on when in the day I'll start crying, do so! (I've cried at EVERY SINGLE wedding we've photographed this summer ... I'm turning into quite a sap!) Another side pot option is if my dad will make it down the aisle dry-eyed. I just finished toning Robin and Chirs' album photos, and dad *barely* held it in for her wedding. Will he be able to do a repeat performance? ;-)
3 comments:
Karen- I bet you will first cry after you put on your dress, back in the Bride's Room at STA. :)
I don't think your father will be able to make it down the aisle without crying. Oh, and you'll be really crying (with a smile) going down the aisle. Ha
Sarah Sheldon
I'm crying right now ... One of my co-workers shoved green onions up my nose when I was sleeping.
~E
My oooh moment would be close to Amy's - seeing Vince in his tux, with all the people there to share with us. We were married at the Cathedral, so they opened those huge doors and I felt so regal! (The music helped too, that's for sure!) We had even had a moment to "see" each other for the first time earlier, so that we could do all pics before... yet it was the actual walking down the aisle moment that I loved.
Post a Comment