but I can't resist!
Ok, all of you brides out there ... FESS UP! I KNOW you've done this ... right????
What the heck am I talking about? Registry peeking. Yeah, yeah, we have registries and we add items. What's this peeking business? Well, the online registry is SO COOL because it keeps guests up to date on what still needs to be purchased.
On the inverse, it also tells me what people have bought for our gifts!!! It's not *exactly* like peeking under the paper to see what a gift is before it's unwrapped, but sorta like it .... ;-)
Anyhow, I'm JAZZED to have a blender and George Foreman grill coming! Seriously! We have basil plants that have grown like gangbusters (even after I moved/re-planted them!). I have made pesto a few times this summer, but have yet to be able to find my food processor attachments ... so I've been cutting the basil leaves up by hand. UGH! My fingers end up black and green after the event, and I am not able to make that much pesto by myself. SO I'm elated to see a blender will enter our lives in two weeks ... because it will mean my pesto cutting days are over! And once my super secret pesto recipe is made, I can grill chicken on the Foreman and we can have chicken pesto pasta!!!!!!
5 comments:
Yes, Karen, I will admit, I peeked too. It is just irresistable! - ErinJ
We got a George Foreman for our wedding two years ago. We no longer have it. Make sure you save all your gift receipts for warranty claims. -shep
Erin, I KNEW I wasn't the only one!
And yeah, Shep .... we're really good about receipts. I returned a pair of shoes I bought 6 months ago and had the receipt for ... and they refunded me FULL PRICE! It was unbelievable!
Karen, you crack me up. You are so much like me. I wish we could have had more time in Atlanta at the showit sites meeting to get to know each other. Blessings to you with your upcoming wedding. I'll be checking the blog:)) GREAT engagement pics btw!
I did it too. For wedding AND baby :) You still get a surprise, because you don't know who's giving it to you! (That's how I justified it anyway...) :)
Post a Comment