Friday, September 12, 2008

#95 — Do a blog post exclusively about Esse ... show photos from my kitty's youngest days.

.... CHECK!!!!!!

Since this spring, I've been meaning to do a post about my big squeeze ... Esse my cat. Well, she's technically "our" cat now ;-)~

Anyhow, here are some photos of Esperanza del Gato (Esse, aka Booger or "the Boog.")

Here's one from when she was a LITTLE KITTY. She was just learning about being an outdoor cat. She jumped up on the screen door (probably looking to get inside), but I wasn't there. And the screen didn't quite hold up, so she fell through .... and this was what I found when I got home.

Photobucket

Here's another from my Holga ... taken of Esse Boo when she was in Independence. Isn't she small and sweet????

Photobucket

And yet another

Photobucket

Esse doesn't play nicely with other cats ... except for Gus, the homeless neighbor cat in Indy. Gus taught her the ropes of being an outdoor cat. She loved to romp around with Gus, but she utterly SHUNS any other cat or dog. I felt badly leaving Gus in Indy (I called him Gus because he reminded me of Gus from Diseny's Cinderella because he was shy and skittish), but he was a wild cat ... and I wasn't sure he'd travel well (or at all).

Photobucket

This is after we moved to Hays. She was cuddly on the bench ... and awfully full of yawns!

Photobucket

Here are a few photos of the Boog obsessing about fish:
Her first play with fish ... in the big tank.

Photobucket

Just taking a little drink of water ... but she has a better chance at poor flit:

Photobucket

Trying to play with flit the fish:

Photobucket

Let's talk about Esse's bed habits. In Erik's words "she takes her half out of the center of the bed." Oh wait, maybe that's me during nap time. ;-)~ Anyhow, in Hays, if I didn't get into bed first, she'd curl up in the middle, making it impossible for me to get in bed without moving her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

She also has a thing for fabric/materials. She likes soft, soft, soft blankets. She also likes to lie on clean black pants. Booger.

BUT this was the best! One day, I came back and found her UNDER the pile of my laundry (which was piled on the bed). WHERE does she come from?!?!!?!?

Photobucket

And Esse is definitely into cat naps:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Let's talk about outside. Booger LOVES going outside. The photo below was from when it was SNOWY in Hays. There were several inches of snow on the ground, and I wouldn't let her out. To say she was pouty was an UNDERSTATEMENT:

Photobucket

And now, here she is .... outside on the back fence ... checking out the neighbor's birdhouse. Maybe that's where she caught the bird a few months ago...

Photobucket

I'm thankful to have yet another 101 in 1001 done.


I have another photo of her I'm trying to dig up from the first day I brought her home, but no success yet. I'll let you know!

4 comments:

Erin said...

She is beautiful :D She looks a lot like our kitty Ewok, same colors but arranged slightly differently.

Unknown said...

Don't you love torie kitties???

Anonymous said...

I still don't like cats but the photo with Gus was pretty darn adorable. And, living in Hays (or Indy or Salina) would make me sleepy, too. ;)

-shep

erik bonar said...

Awwww! ... Esse-Boo :-)