Monday, September 8, 2008

Lists, lists and laundry lists...

It took me until college to realize I'm a list person. I love them. Writing down everything that needs to be done can be daunting, but crossing things off the list -- oh sweet reward!

Last night, I sat down and compiled today's "to do" list. It was 17 items long. ACK! Slowly this morning, I've chipped away at 8 of them, feeling quite productive before noon.

But here's the best part: I came to Erik's this morning, and figured I better finish the laundry. I don't mind doing laundry, but when the two of us don't do it for 2-ish weeks, it piles up and the net result is 7 loads. UGH. I started a few loads last night, and figured I'd finish it up this morning .... and lo and behold, I go into the laundry room and 2 loads have magically been done! I LOVE ERIK!!!!!!!! With 16 other items demanding my attention today, that's 2 less loads of laundry to do!

Leave a comment telling the sweet (but seemingly mundane) items your spouse/significant other does that just brightens your day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have two sweet things that Paul does for me: 1) he always says goodbye to me in the morning before he goes to work (I am still sleeping :) and 2) on Sundays when we get the paper, he goes through it and picks out the ads and articles that he thinks I would like, oh and the coupons, too. :) - ErinJ

mary said...

here's some blog love for you.

tim is making me popcorn because i told him i'd post it if he did. but seriously, tim's a great dad and very helpful with ben. a big one is that he cleans ben off after dinner every night even though it totally grosses him out.

Mike Shepherd said...

Angie surprised me last weekend with a Route 66 road trip to SE Kansas for my 30th birthday. She didn't tell me where we were going until we were halfway there (at which point she made me drive!). She had the whole day planned from where we'd eat lunch to which parts of the Mother Road we would try to find. She even had to scramble early in the week to find another B&B when the one she originally booked couldn't accommodate us. It was a great weekend! While this birthday was out of the ordinary in terms of activity, every year she goes out of her way to celebrate birthdays. My birthdays as a kid were never as much fun as they are now!

Unknown said...

These are all totally awesome!

Erin, Paul ROCKS!

Mary, thanks for the comment! Erik cleans off the table after dinner, but I'm sure it's not quite as valiant as cleaning off a kiddo who's caked their body in spaghetti sauce. ;-)

Mike, I'm SO GLAD to hear you had a good weekend (my personal feelings about SEK -- southeast kansas -- aside) ;-) I'm excited to read more about it on your blog.