Sunday, September 28, 2008

#1 — Marry the man of my dreams

CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yup. Erik and I are hitched!!!!!!

Yesterday was AMAZING and we were blessed to be surrounded by family and friends who lifted us up with love.

Thank you to EVERYONE who came to celebrate with us, and also thanks to those who joined us in thought and prayer.

Please cruise over to the Heartland Photography blog by CLICKING HERE to check out the photo preview and writeup by Mike. I'll post here when more photos are up, as well as the kickin' slideshow!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And DO leave comments on the Heartland blog. We call them "blog love" and Mike and Heather deserve a TON for all of the hard work they did yesterday!

Oh, and I love, love, love the photo at the top of this post!!!!!!!! Seriously. It is my favorite. Mike pulled a few faves to show at the reception, which is always a delight.

When planning the wedding, I knew I wanted something visual for our exit from the church. I'd seen this before with multi-colored petals ... and we opted for red. I don't know about you, but I think it looks FABULOUS! The best part about doing this is as the couple, you can walk through and ENJOY it as opposed to run like hell to avoid bird seed or wheat or whatever people throw at you. Believe me, as the photographer, we end up with it on and in us as well .... it ain't pleasant. This was WAY cooler and MUCH more visual!


And I grabbed this image from Mike's blog. I don't have a direct link to the post, but to visit Mike's blog, CLICK HERE.

Mike IS correct ... I didn't pick up a camera all day. It was tough, but they did a killer job. What he DOESN'T know is I snapped a few images when I dropped my dress off at Erik's hotel room Friday afternoon. After seeing Heather work, however, I might have to consider switching careers and joining the circus ... because I think her images will put any I took to shame. ;-)

Phew ... I'm really chiseling away at this 101 in 1001 list!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello~!!!

Fantastic day, by the way, in addition to the countless wonderful photo's i'm sure they captured.

I did find out that my wonderful hubby caught a video clip of you 2 walking out to the car during the flower petal shower of red roses. It's quite awesome! I will have to send it to you tomorrow...so harass me if i forget!
Love!!!
Robin

tlawwife said...

We wish the most happiness and love in you life together. So sorry we couldn't be there. You were and are in our prayers. This picture is great and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Renee Marquis Photography said...

Congrats to you and Erik, you must of had a hard time "not" picking up a camera that day! Happiness, love and many, many years of married life together....
~Renee