Here are Fr. John and Fr. Dan, the associate pastor and pastor at St. Thomas Aquinas. I grew up at St. Thomas and remember several pastors. Fr. Dan came when I was in high school and I remember he and Fr. Sherlock coming to eat at the Garden Cafe. I had fun serving them, because it seems as priests in our parish, they do all the serving of US.
As a visual junkie, I love that Fr. Dan has the white rabbit on the right .... because it contrasts with his gold vestment.
And Fr. John ... I actually met Fr. John when I lived in Independnce. He was in the seminary at the time and teaching Totus Tuus in Coffeyville. I made a few trips down to help the team with whatever they needed.
Ok, back to priests + easter bunnies. A few years ago, Fr. Dan started the easter egg hunt after the noon Mass on Easter. The egg are wooden (you trade them in for prizes/candy) and two have "Easter Bunny" written on them. The bunnies are the BIG prize. Although it's pretty humorous to watch, because it seems when we go, the parents are always hoping one of the children does not find the "easter bunny" egg becausae it might create havoc in the rest of the household/kids. :-) It cracks me up! But ... I guess when I have kiddos, I might be in the same boat!
No comments:
Post a Comment