I have a serious lack of indoor drying space, yet I hang dry most of my dress clothes, so where to put them?
Well, here's a "before and after" photo. The left was my before ... it was rickety and off kilter, plus it couldn't hold many clothes.

The after on the right is great! Tons more space to hang things. It's a bit shaky, but way less rickety than the previous one. :)

I screwed these hooks into the under side of the stair ... they were more of a closed loop than a hook. I tied a laundry line to them, and then stretched it across. I probably need to tighten the line some.

On the other end, I used some PVC pipe I was using from the original drier, and it worked well! The struggle was I intended for it to hang straight down. Well, when I put clothes on it, it started to draw the PVC pipe toward the middle. So we had to use some of those temporary hooks to anchor the chain in a bit more stable manner. It works pretty darn good. And uses previously awkward and unused space.

I had these hooks from last year when I was hanging a light down to grow my baby tomato plants. I have a different arrangement worked out this year, so the hooks were available for use!
No comments:
Post a Comment