Sunday, March 7, 2010

Arizona XI

I like to think I'm a fairly agreeable traveler. When I went to Africa to see Jeanel, I only had one request: that I ride a camel. That was it. The rest, where we went, what we did ... I was flexible. I like to think I'm a pretty easy guest. I guess people who have hosted me will have to speak to that. ;)

So, when we went to Arizona, and southern Arizona at that, my one request was to go to Mexico. It was my first time. :)

So, off we went to Nogales, Mexico.



I'd heard a lot about Erik's cheap sunglasses from Mexico. He sports some new ones. I ended up with an Armani knockoff. :)


HIs parents are friendly with this metal worker ... and this guy's stuff is SO stunning!


I actually became obsessed with looking for a light for the green bedroom. I saw tin ones, didn't like them. Ones with clear glass, and ones with frosted glass. I kinda dig the frosted glass, a medium size. But many of them, the metal work was sort of silvery, but peeling off, nothing I wanted to take home with me. But this is the direction I'm looking!


Last photo today: a chimnea! I'm really wanting one of these for our back patio. :) The one above is basically what I'm looking for. I dig the terra cotta look. But don't insist upon the aloe plant on top. ;) But this fella needed a stand.

I'm really not in too big of a hurry about the chimnea. I totally scored some awesome wicker furniture in a dumpster dive earlier this year, and need to re-paint it, and then assess our patio furniture situation. Then we'll see how/where a chimnea might go best.

No comments: