This year, it was 23.1 KWH/day.

Could our laundry line have something to do with it? I don't see why not! Although Erik is quick to point out it's cooler this year than it was last year .... so I concede that point, but to reduce our energy use by about 25% is fantastic!
I was reading in Real Simple magazine that a laundry line can save an average of $10 a month. Now, this is based on a family doing 7 loads of laundry/week. I'd bet we do about half of that .... so our savings is less. I'm guessing it will take us 2.5 years to break even with this laundry line, but I have to admit I'm happy to live in a house with one of these (again).
3 comments:
Rock. On.
FYI, there are tax credits this year and next (thru 2010) for installing new top of the line heating and air units. Not sure where you are on yours, but they say they will save $300-400 a year with better efficiency, and with rebates and the tax credit, the top of the line ends up costing what a middle of the road one normally would. We're thinking of replacing ours, it's almost 20 yrs old, and most in our neighborhood have gone out by now.
Just some food for thought...
ANY saving is good.
Post a Comment