Friday, November 28, 2008

WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Back to some more ERB love.

One of the first things Karen told me about when we were dating was her family's "Snow Breakfast." When she first mentioned this Mikols family phenomenon, I was scratching my head. Did their whole family sit around and eat snow and snow-related products? Did they eat things out of the freezer and call it snow? I was confused.

Luckily, Karen straightened me out. The "Snow Breakfast" was a family contest dating back more than a decade. The Mikols' family members (or those married into the Mikols family ... meaning Chris Laws, Robin's husband, and myself) get together in the fall and attempt to guess the first day it will snow in Wichita.

Long story short — The Notorious ERB (me) was the first individual not named Mikols to win the "Snow Breakfast" trophy when two independent sources confirmed snow on the east side of Wichita on Friday, Nov. 28. Now, the trophy will be prominently displayed at our abode in Salina. YES!!!!!!!!!!!

It feels good to be a part of the family. :-)

4 comments:

Sarah Kathryn said...

Congrats, Erik! My mom called me all excited that her and dad got to help "confirm" snow this year.... ;)

erik bonar said...

Thanks, Miss Sarah ... I just hope I can live up to the honor ;-)

Mike Shepherd said...

At least you won something this weekend.

Unknown said...

I LOVE ERB LOVE!!!!!!!!!!