
Last weekend while I was in Chicago for Lori and Derek's Engagement session, I made plans to visit my youngest brother in Urbana/Champagne, Illinois.
We started with a tour of the campus, especially the lab where Paul works.

This is plasma ... I thought it was made up in Ghostbusters, but evidently, it's a real thing and Paul had photos to share. :-)
We then went around the rest of the campus. Isn't it beautiful?!?!!??!!!!

More fall beauty!

Check out the stunning leaves! I can't get OVER the awesome color. :-)

So glad to get another item knocked off of my 101 in 1001 list. :-)
On my trip to Chicago, I took a less conventional method of travel. When I was hanging at Joyce and Billy's wedding, one of Joyce's co-workers was talking about the Megabus. While I never found a ticket for $1, I *did* get tickets for under $50 one-way. Yup, that's a round trip to Chicago for less than $100! Unbelievable! And the best part was ... NO AIRPORT SECURITY!!!!!!

It was a long trip ... 10 hours up ... but pretty good. I rode on the top of the double-decker bus and was able to watch and be sure no one ran off with my luggage. :-)
And tickets to/from UIlli were less than $20 one-way.
I *did* get stircrazy on the trip ... and if the bus has been on the road for awhile, the toilet might be full and then you have to wait for one of the stops .. but stops are reasonable.
And a great part about using the bus ... it uses less fuel than a plane would, so I was actually hugging trees! :-)
I also have to give a big shout out to my awesome mother-in-law for letting us crash in KC, and for also meeting Erik half way to drop me off. Thanks, BA!
No comments:
Post a Comment