The other day, I was flipping through a back issue of Better Homes & Gardens, and a recipe jumped off the page at me. Tonight, I thought "what the heck?" and made "Nutty Meatless Loaf."
Don't be fooled by the name. It's not actually a loaf, so I'm not sure why they call it that .... but boy is it tasty. With a big glass of milk and an apple!
Growing up, we didn't really utilize beans or lentils as a protein source, but I have to admit, I love them! Because A) they're easy to store. B) they don't spoil and C) they're way cheap compared to meat.
On THE RECIPE, I didn't do the chutney because it's not "Karen friendly" at this point in my life, but gosh does it sound good. Even without the chutney, it was really flavorful. A bit crumbly, but that's what you get when you forget to spray the pan and then try to wrestle it out in one piece. Oh well. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment