Monday, April 5, 2010

Esse's new bed

About a month ago, I was downtown, and saw a random bench sitting in a store downtown. It didn't really look like it belonged to anyone or anywhere, so I asked the store owner about it. He was storing it for a friend. I told him if his friend wanted to part with it, I'd be happy to give it a good home.

So several weeks later, I got a call! Honestly, I'd forgotten about the bench, but the price was right, so it is OURS now!

When we went to pick it up, I was a little nervous that it wouldn't fit at the end of our bed. We've been wanting something to sit on and tie our shoes, etc., but hadn't found anything suitable.

But when we got it home, it fit perfectly!

AAAAAAND, bonus of all bonuses, we moved the cat's blanket to the bench, and after only one time of removing her from the foot of the bed and putting her on the bench, SHE SLEEPS THERE ALL NIGHT!!!!! Her sleeping on my feet prohibits my wiggling, tossing and turning, so I'm very excited about her relocation!

I tried to get a photo of Esse on "her" bench, but she wasn't interested in sitting still. But here was our best attempt:


Oh, and we have a new comforter .... it's not shown to its best here, because I was trying to get a photo of the cat .... but you get the idea.

Now, I need to find some nightstands ....

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I love the comforter... where did you find it?