"Hey crazy lady, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU???!??!??!"
My legs and feet were screaming at me.
They begged.
They pleaded.
They wanted a divorce. A trial separation.
Or at the very least, a night off.
But no. Not tonight. There was one more picture to take.
Today was spent walking. And walking. And walking. A nice 45-minute walk with a friend near his college. Then about 3 hours with another friend around Washington D.C. Well, if you eliminate the 20 minutes we spent sprawled out on the benches, as well as eating ice cream and drinking Dr. Pepper, it was probably more like 2 hours and 15 minutes or something was spent walking in the city. But close enough.
So, my legs. They were begging. They'd gone at least 6 miles, and when on a normal day, they go 1/2 mile at most, they were definitely OVER WORKED!
But no.
On Friday when I arrived in DC, I saw a photograph I wanted to take.
For me.
With my departure in the morning, tonight was the night, 6 miles walk bedarned.
My legs and feet wanted nothing to do wtih anything other than a hot bath and epsom salt. But I reached for my sneakers. And my calves screamed.
I loosened the laces, and my feet cursed at me.
I wiggled my toes, readying them for confinement, and they excreted every foul odor they could muster.
But into my shoes they went.
And down the street we went.
To make a picture.
Just for me.
2 comments:
Can't wait to see the picture! Had to be something.
Maaaaaaybe. We'll see. :)
Post a Comment