Monday, December 21, 2009

How to cut a pineapple

Since moving to Salina, I've tried all sorts of interesting culinary adventures. This week, I saw whole pineapples on sale at the store. Hmmm .... why not, I figured. But then I got home and had NO CLUE how to cut the darn thing.

Thank goodness for YouTube!


Fortunately, I picked a rip pineapple from the start!

But I really would have liked some tips on how to set a pineapple UPSIDE DOWN in the fridge .... because it was no easy task.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

We have an awesome pineapple cutter that my mother-in-law bought us from pampered chef. It looks like those apple cutters that core and slice the apple all at once.

As far as storing it upside down... my best guess would be to cut the green part off then invert it on a plate or in a container so it has something to hold it up.

Anonymous said...

I have a double duty tip. Use a large flower vase, one with a large enough opening for your pineapple stem to go into but small enough that your pineapple will set on top of the vase. So Karen, drag out those vases, because I know you have one, and it seems to be collecting dust. It might as well be used for your pineapple, since Erik is not going to put it to use.
Jaclyn

Unknown said...

MIchelle, awesome ideas! I'd love to see a pineapple cutter. :)

J-ok, Erik DOES put my vases to good use ... can you say Five Dollar Friday on roses? :)

Michelle said...

http://www.pamperedchef.com/ordering/prod_details.tpc?prodId=26431&words=pineapple