Monday, December 7, 2009

Elf on a Shelf


This afternoon, I was at our friends' house and met Maynard, their "Elf on a Shelf."

Mommy Dawn was telling me one of the grandparents got the book for their kiddo. What happens is there's a story that goes with the elf (you name the elf). What happens is the elf sits on a shelf (or tree or wherever) during the day, and at night, he goes back to Santa and reports if the child has been naughty or nice. Then he finds a new place to sit and kiddo has to find elf in the morning.


Awesome, eh? I totally LOVE the idea! :)

And Dawn said it works well for behavior ... when someone is on the verge of a meltdown or being difficult, all they have to say is "What do you want Maynard to tell Santa tonight?"

GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!

SO glad our friends are doing the kid thing first so we can learn the tricks .... I'm really hoping my friend Nicole gives more info about the "Cleaning Fairies" who live in the wall (there's a really cute miniature door involved!). Nicole, blog about it, because I want to hear where this caper came from! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Karen,

I totally want an elf on the shelf and think it would be a really cool tradition to start! When I told Mike about it, he said, "You have to move it everyday?"

-Angie