
Basil on the left, peppers on the right.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

My pesto recipe:
A BUNCH of basil from my garden, washed and patted dry
A few cloves of garlic
Sprinkle of salt
1/2 to 1 cup of almonds, crushed (i put them in a plastic bag and swat them with the rolling pin to smash them)
olive oil
Take all of the ingredients, dump into your food processor. Note, a blender will work, but has to work much harder than a food processor. Blend until smooth. You will probably have to add olive oil as it blends.
An option is to add some parmesan cheese.
You can top pasta with this, and stir in chicken and it's yummy tasty! :)
When we're done with it, if we have extra, I like to put the extra in ice cube trays and freeze it. Then put it into a bag so I can use the ice tray. If I'm in a hurry, I can grab a cube or two or three and use it as an individual serving. Just warm in the microwave. :)
A quick video of why I looooove my food processor! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment