Monday, August 8, 2011

Cherry, dark chocolate ice cream


Ok, here's the skinny. I made this ice cream last week, and it ROCKED!

I made the basic vanilla, per instructions from my ice cream maker's manual. I then added the following:

2 c. frozen dark cherries, halved
1.5 bar dark chocolate, chopped in chunks

I would add about 1 c. of the cherries to the mixture as it's being made. Then once the ice cream maker is "done" I'd add in the other cup and chocolate.


When I made it, I added it all in, and the cherries and chocolate chunks got a bit stuck in the paddle/blade. It's still soft enough immediately after it's finished to stir in some extra goodies :)

2 comments:

Erika Marie said...

I'm just now catching on and seeing you have a blog. This icecream looks and sounds delicious! It might justify buying an ice cream maker!
thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

I've had the ice cream maker since 2001 ... and it hasn't gotten too much action over the years. I made frozen yogurt last summer, but am liking the ice cream more. :)