Originally when I was pulling recipes, I grabbed things that looked good to me. Now, with my limited allowance of sugar and trying to stay away from yeast, I look a little more closely at things before I pull them.
I pulled THIS is the yummie recipe a few years ago .... and rediscovered it this week. I'd never made it before, but with only 1/3 c. sugar, I figured I'd give it a try.
Y-U-M-M-I-E!!!!!!
Boy are these tasty. I might use a little less dried sage than is called for. It gives an amazing flavor, but is a touch strong for my taste. Still, they're amazing.
I haven't actually added jam between the cookies yet ... just eaten them plain. I actually sprinkled a little more sugar on them before baking. :)
One thing I wonder about ... as I listen to a book relating to cooking, I'm wondering if you could refrigerate the dough for a bit ... then roll it into a log, chill more ... then slice these, as opposed to rolling them out and cutting out the cookies, if that makes sense? Maybe I'll try it next time and report back.
No comments:
Post a Comment