I'm going to let you in on a little secret today.
It all started yesterday when I was talking w/ my sis. She was talking about doing some home painting, and I was telling her how I read about the different paint finishes, how they work better in different places, etc. It was news to her, and it was news to me when I read it .... so I figure I'll share the link with my blog world. :)
THIS LINK talks about the different finishes of paint. It gives suggestions for the best finish in living rooms v. bathrooms. Good info.
I learned the hard way when I painted our master bedroom. I had my little sample can and said "this one" .... and when it was all painted, well, you could see every imperfection on the wall, and it honestly looked a bit like the circus had come to town with the glossy finish. So I went, got another gallon of a matte finish and painted over it ... with good results. But to help YOU avoid this, I thought I'd share the link.
Here's another sneaky little secret: At Lowes' in Salina, all of their little paint sample cans COME in the gloss finish. So if you go and say "this one" they'll give it to you in gloss ... not asking if you would prefer eggshell. Egades!
The front bedroom of our house and closet are painted with the gloss, but it's not too crazy, I think because the colors are more subdued. So .... lesson learned: if you're going big + bold on your wall color, be sure to avoid gloss at all costs. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment