Sunday, May 8, 2011

"Here I am, Lord ..."

Mike and I had a rockin' wedding this weekend out of town. That in itself is fairly normal, but I wouldn't usually make a trip to Dodge before a wedding "just because." But with Grandpa John's funeral, of COURSE we went to Dodge. And I'm glad we did.

The trip, however, meant being home for less than 24 hours before packing the car and leaving again. Whew!

I left Great Bend this morning close to 7 a.m. And with my crazy allergies, I've been up hacking the last 2 nights.

So this morning, I'm sitting in Mass, just hoping I don't fall asleep sitting up, thinking "Here I am, Lord" ... I couldn't even make it to the next part of the phrase "I come to do your will." Nope. I was just there. Present. "Here I am."

Everyone I know with kids tells me "You get used to not sleeping" but I think they're just saying it. I have a hard time believing my body could do with less than 9 hours of sleep (NO I'm not joking, folks!).

Sort of a rambly post, but my point is this: on Mother's Day ... I tip my hat to all of you mommies, especially my friends with babies and little kids. To those who might not be sleeping through the night. Or more than 3 hours at a time. I marvel at you. I honor you. I am in awe of you.

Happy Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Very sweet post, Karen. Thank you.

The "Here I am" part...sometimes that's all God asks. Just to be there. Present. Open to Him. I'm reading a book called "Time for God" and it has brought up some really great points along those lines.

http://www.amazon.com/Time-God-Jacques-Philippe/dp/1594170665/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304903360&sr=8-1
if you're curious...

BLESSINGS!