Saturday, June 21, 2008

Red, purple, black and blue

Most of this week was spent at Camp Discovery as a counselor for kids with diabetes.

You learn something new every day, and here is a sampling of my education...


Red:
Strawberries have 200 seeds each, according to the dietary students from K-State who helped run education at camp.


I DID try to count the strawberries on one piece of fruit at camp, but after 9 seeds, I got distraccted/hungry, so I ate it. When our strawberry patch takes off next summer, I'll report back on this. ;-)

Purple:
I always thought the phrase "purple cow" referred to the book by Seth Godin. Not always.



Evidently the Purple Cow drink is like a rootbeer float, but only with grape soda, not root beer. Interesting. Another interesting note is it's difficult to find a photo of a Purple Cow drink, so I had to give you the book cover. Sorry y'all!

Black and blue:
This is the result of a dirty, rotten water balloon fight.


I was pelted in the left eye and felt OK. After a MAJOR SMASHING into the right eye, however, I was done. And I might be done with these barbaric games for good. We'll see....

No comments: