Monday, November 16, 2009

We have a winner!!!!!


Ok, so for those of you who don't know, my family has a competition every year (for the last 12 years running) to see who can guess when the first snow will fall at my parents' house in Wichita. I'll go into details later if anyone is interested.

Suffice to say, there is a winner: Mom.


Congrats, Mom! While I'm sad to not win this year, I *have* had my name on the traveling trophy 2 times before ... and poor mom? NONE. Nope. In 12 years, everyone in our family has won at least once (well, except for my brother-in-law). Some of us have even won twice. But mom? Nope. Nada. Zilch.

Well, the streak ends. Good for her!


I'm a little bitter, but when I was in college, my awesome roomie, Jeanel, suggested we start a side pot with money. Well, the money pool is optional and while I didn't win my name on the traveling trophy, I DID win the money this year .... so losing is less bitter with President Jackson in my pocket.

But the quest continues for me .... I want to be the first person with a new last name on the trophy .... so if you have any inkling of when the first winter snow for 2010 will be, DO let me know!

Erik is sad the trophy will leave our house, but he's comforted to know it will still be in the state .... and not in the netherworld of Oklahoma (I feel so DIRTY just typing that here). ;)~ Robin, Erik remembers your ability to keep track of the noses and he doesn't trust the trophy in your hands!

No comments: