At some point, I thought Erik and I were the same when it came to retail shopping. But ooooooooooooh nooooooooooo. This realization hit when we were at the local garden center. I wanted basil plants. They didn't have any. End of story. In my book, we leave.
Not in Erik's.
Garden veggie plants were buy one, get one free. Well, Erik fell hook, line and sinker.
We need cherry tomato plants, Erik said.
But we don't NEEEEEED any more tomatoes I reasoned.
No. We need cherry tomato plants, Erik said.
But we have 8 tomato plants in the ground in the backyard and another 8 on our front porch.
No. We need cherry tomato plants, Erik said.
What did we walk out with?
• 40 pound bag of soil
• 2 cherry tomato plants
• big plastic pot
Sheesh. We could have gotten off scott free, but nope. We didn't.

Starting w/ rocks + soil in the bottom

Sup, plants?

I have to admit, they're cute. AND there is no weeding involved, which is a BIG plus in MY book.

Filling in around the fellas. Erik is responsible for watering them. I take no responsibility.

I think Erik likes having "his own" patch of earth to "work."
No comments:
Post a Comment