YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!! :)
I'm RELIEVED to be done with the whole "Lift weights 2x week for 3 months" ... my goal was to just get in a good habit because I'm a slacka in that arena. And I know osteoporosis is a very real part of one of my grannies, so if I know what I could be fighting, why not start fighting it now?
Well, I have been good about about doing it at least twice a week. Sometimes three times a week. :)
Ok, so I don't look like THIS:

But at the same time, I absolutely KNOW my legs are all sorts of stronger. I think the BIG bonus of this is hopefully my rockin' strong legs. When we shoot (especially weddings, as we have the next few weeks), there's TONS of squatting going on to get low for awesome photos. SO with awesome, strong leg muscles, hopefully I won't be so stinkin' sore after 12 to 16 hours of solid shooting.
This is the 30th item I've been able to check off of my 101 in 1001 list. :)
5 comments:
So when you say you're DONE with this one, you don't mean you're not going to lift any more right? Because if you stop, you lose what you gained a lot faster than it took you to gain it.
And just FYI, I wish I'd done a lot more lifting over the years. I'm looking at maybe having to start on osteoporosis drug, and I ain't that old.
I second that - don't quit now! Keep it up, even if you only go 1-2x a week! :)
heavens ladies! I'm not stopping now!!!!!
i certainly have a little more um ... bulk in my arms. I was just noticing the difference when I pinch my arm .... even when it's relaxed. ;)
Way to go, girl! Next time we get together (whenever that will be!), we can arm wrestle! Hee hee! Trust me, this semester, you'd have a fighting chance. Three jobs and a baby has significantly cut into my lifting schedule. :(
Um ..... you could probably still kick my booty!!!!!
Post a Comment