I was getting a cup of tea with a girlfriend this week. And our conversation turned to our stylist. When I moved here, I asked a friend of Erik's where she got her hair cut, because she had a really great cut. Fortunately for me, she shared. And I <3 Nikki, my girl.
Now that I have a downtown meeting space, though, I'm sort of feeling pulled. I'm going to do some photos for the salon upstairs, and sort of feel like I should have a reciprocal relationship with them. But I'm a one-stylist kind of girl (please tell me there are others of you out there that feel this way!).
I'm actually not even joking about having a monogamous relationship with a hairdresser. When I lived in the southeast corner of the state, I'd drive back home to have the same lady cut my hair.
In fact, I can count on ONE HAND the number of people who I have made a conscious choice to let cut my hair (this excludes cuts as a little kiddo). Seriously. I am just not quite brave enough to try a new stylist. I have such fine, thin hair ... well, it ain't easy to get a great cut. I'd prefer to have someone be familiar with my crazy hair and just keep going with them.
Back to my tea talk with my friend. I mentioned this, and she gave this big sigh ... and agreed. We don't really want to "cheat" on our stylist. Or even go elsewhere, then go sheepishly back and deny that anyone else has taken scissors to our hair.
Isn't that silly?
Happy Sunday!
No comments:
Post a Comment