Woah.
It's 10:25 p.m. on Wednesday as I sit to write this. I'll schedule this to post in the morning, but I want to capture how I am right now.
Speechless.
In Awe.
Shocked.
Jubilant.
All at the same time.
I want to scream from the top of our roof. And I want to haul another bed into our room so I can jump from bed to bed in a victory lap.
But let me back up. Back in July, I signed a lease on a meeting space downtown for Heartland. I felt it was the right move. But it was still scary. I needed a place to meet with people. In addition to meeting with potential wedding clients there, I have also started to proof portrait sessions in this space. It's a work in progress. I am still learning a lot.
Over the years as a photographer, I'd be disappointed when someone would order an 8x10 as their largest photo. I know how amazing large photos are on the walls. They're so rockin' out of this world ... yet so few people get them.
Until now. With proofing in person, I can show people exactly how big (or small) an 8x10 is. And tonight, a portrait client walked away with ordering a 24x36 gallery wrap and two 16x24 gallery wraps. HECKS YEAH!!!!!
And earlier today, my parents came in to select a 36x48 gallery wrap for their house ... it's been a big wrap day around here today!
After I got over my initial shock, then excitement, my next thought was thankfulness. Seriously. It's so easy to ask God for help when things are crummy. And I know I do. But things are so totally amazing right now, and I want to remember to thank him for really rocking it out.
So this is my reminder ..... to myself. BE THANKFUL.
3 comments:
We just got our wedding pics and the biggest is 16x20. I could see how going even bigger is better!
Luckily we're tight with our photographer so when we have more wall space we can order a huge one :)
Being able to actually see what they look like is HUGE, no pun intended :) But initially when I presented Joshua with the idea of going bigger, he was adamant about not going large, visualizing our friends uber tacky life size family portraits. After getting our large family picture it is one that travels with us everywhere! We love it!!!
Sarah, love it!
Cristina, I think cheezy photos could be totally tacky at large sizes. But something artistic is just so beautiful!!! :)
Post a Comment