{stepping on soap box} When I am world ruler supreme, I will mandate that shoes be sold in individuals, rather than pairs.
I know, this sounds nuts. But bear with me.
My right foot is about 1/2 a size bigger than my left foot, which isn't *normally* a problem. For tennis shoes or sneakers, they tie on so it's not a big deal. The struggle comes when I want to wear heels (with no straps) or "ballet slipper" shoes. No strap. No ties. Not easy.
Once, I found a lonely shoe at Target, it was the right size for my right foot, so they let me buy the lonely shoe and a pair that fit my left foot. But wouldn't it be nice if I didn't have to buy TWO pair of shoes just to get the right size? Seriously.
Anyone out there have a bigger left foot than right foot? And wear a size 10-ish? (10 or so in running shoes, bigger or smaller in other shoes, just depends). My right foot is bigger, so if I could find a friend w/ a bigger left foot, we could mix and match shoes! ;)
Those of you who know me know I don't like browsing or shopping as a general rule. I was out the other day and poked my nose into the shoe store. Wedding season is almost here and I need to find a comfy pair of shoes that I can wear all day. To my surprise, I found that Dr. Scholl's has its own line of shoes! This sounds like a photographer's dream come true. Except that I wear a 9 1/2 on my right foot and a 9 on my left foot (on slip ons, I seem to wear a smaller size than 10, which is fine with me!).
UUUUUGH. Seriously, if I could buy one shoe that fit my right foot and one that fit my left, life would be so grand. After all, you can buy your swimsuit in separate pieces ... one that fits your top right and one that fits your bottom .... why should you not be able to do the same with shoes?
For the time being, it looks like I'll have to buy 2 pairs of shoes for this wedding season, one pair for my smaller left foot and one pair for my bigger right foot. But if you or someone you know has a bigger left foot and is in the size 10 range, DO let me know .... because I'd love to talk with her!
(I can't be the only person on the planet with 2 different sized feet, am I? Seriously, wouldn't you love to have TWO shoes that fit instead of one that does and one that doesn't really? Am I all alone in this???)
2 comments:
it's not really that uncommon, just most people put up with it.. or don't wear heels
http://www.healthyshoestore.com/conditions-different-sized-feet.html
... Or can order different sized shoes from online stores?
Maybe you should try eBay? Either buying or selling, maybe you could find someone you could swap your pairs of shoes with.
Or maybe you're on to a gold mine of an online biz, Karen!
Post a Comment